Come and join our team. We’re looking for a Quality Technician for Jans Composites. As a Quality Technician, you will ensure a quality and customer focused culture within the organisation by working closely with all processes and procedures and the relevant personnel in line with requirements outlined in ISO9001:2015 and any specific additional requirements outlined by our customers.
COMPANY: Jans Composites LTD.
JOB TITLE: Quality Technician
REPORTS TO: Business Excellence Manager
CLOSING DATE: 22/10/2021
- Be the main Quality point of contact within Jans Composites.
- Inspection, testing of quality process and products to ensure products meet expectations and standards
- Carrying out and completing audits to an agreed schedule.
- Identification, communication, and disposition of Non-conformances throughout the process steps.
- Facilitate and lead root cause investigation.
- Implementation of corrective and preventative measures following NC investigation
- Create/maintain quality standards and records for the relevant departmental products and processes
- Communicate with all levels of the organisation to improve standardisation and to reduce quality defects.
- Working closely with and reporting to quality and production management on quality related issues surrounding products and processes
- Updating of quality metrics/KPI’s
- Ensure that the tooling and equipment are calibrated with an agreed schedule.
To join our team as our Quality Technician you must have:
- +2 years’ experience within a quality inspector/technician role within a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience in creation and maintaining of quality SOP’s and records
- Experience in Leading/facilitating Problem solving activities to completion with corrective and preventative actions in place.
- Experience in disposition and reporting of Non-conforming Product/material
- Inspection and testing experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organisation, including suppliers and customers.
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & Power Point)
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- 3rd level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Experience working within a production/manufacturing environment
- Experience with Roamer/Faro Arm and Geomagic software
- Continuous improvement tools such as 8D, 5 Why, RCA, FMEA & process mapping
NOTE: This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities, as may be determined in consultation with the jobholder. It is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
Jan’s Holdings LTD is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit.