The post holder will be involved in project work and will have various core task areas including BoM creation, Costing and Administration. The individual will organize and manage all data associated with the post tasks. They will also have responsibility for updating management on costings and highlighting any concerns associated with projects.
Department: Composites Sales
Reports To: Cost and Systems Configurator
Key Tasks : Project Administration
- Devise and maintain office systems to deal efficiently with the organization and storage of paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Monitor contract variances.
- Responsible for tender compliance documentation control.
- Prepare update reports as and when necessary.
- Provide weekly/monthly figures and report on current status.
- Ensure there is a selling price, material content and labour cost contributions for each item being manufactured.
- Create a costed Bill of Materials for each item to be manufactured – compare the parts ordered and investigate any discrepancies.
- Calculate manufacturing costs of parts, plugs and moulds and associated items to be produced where required using the most recent information available (this will entail approaching suppliers for prices and customers). Produce costings & BoM sheets from this information to be uploaded to sage.
- Interpret customer drawings / technical specifications and transfer these requirements onto Jans Composites specifications. Identify options and determine associated costings.
- Play a key role in budget forecast preparation.
- Present proposals / costings where required to manager/director.
- Pass relevant information to various departments within Jans Composites adhering to timescales contained in schedules.
- Process sales package to go to customer incorporating specification details, quotation, letters etc.
- Communicate with customers on various relevant issues both orally and in writing.
- Update/review costing models on a regular basis to take account of fluctuations.
- Upkeep of customer files and general post/office filing.
- Assist other members of the team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Production of various reports where/when required
- Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post.
- Proficiency in using PC including word processing and spreadsheets
- Proficiency in using PC including, sage, and presentations.
- Dealing with customers both orally and in writing
- The recording and analyzing of data.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Dealing with confidential issues.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative.
- Work to a high level of accuracy
- Previous experience of working within a team environment.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities may be determined in consultation with the jobholder. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
To apply for for this role or for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 028 9433 9370