Reporting to the Managing Director the job holder will have overall responsibility for Engineering tasks within the business, the design of new products, involving managing new projects on a customer by customer basis.
Due to the nature of the organisation, the role is varied. Major tasks would include, but not limited to the following:
- Support the growth in of the department through effective personal time management, with a view to increasing departmental capacity and capability.
- Ensure output meets design parameters, accurately fulfilling all necessary requirements.
- Maintain departmental processes and procedures to ensure compliance to ISO standards, both internal and customer specific.
- Take ownership of our internal NPI & Engineering changes process.
- Provide technical support to the sales department, assisting with commercial bids and customer engagement.
- Delivering design solutions for new product development.
- Creation of Standard operating procedures (WMP’s, SWS etc)
- Provide technical support to production departments through problem solving, corrective actions, and Continuous Improvement.
- Support our Executive team to ensure the annual business plan is delivered.
- Mentor junior and graduate engineers.
- Engineering qualification at Degree level
- Significant experience in Computer Aided Design
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Effectively present, communicate and influence at all levels.
- Ability to understand and interpret product specifications and drawings.
- Excellent communication, planning & organising skills
- Energy, drive and results orientation. Strong customer focus.
- Experience with PTC Creo design package
- Experience with GRP mould design and GRP manufacturing methodology
- A good understanding of materials and material properties
- Experience of working in a dynamic organisation that has experienced significant growth.
- Experienced in undertaking and managing design activities within a manufacturing organisation in support of customer tenders. New Product Introduction activities and Change Management.
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
To apply for for this role or for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 028 9433 9370