Under general direction from direct supervisor and engineers perform drafting assignments that require the application of engineering design and drafting techniques. Create detailed drawings for the support of manufacturing projects , layouts , sketches , and graphic representations of engineering designs. Catalogue and organise as built record drawings within engineering folders. Work with Engineers , Quality Department and other team members to furnish and receive information for manufacturing projects .
- Working from engineering instructions create CAD modelling using CREO 7.0 for a range of composites projects (mainly Flanging and Blocking)).
- Create change models to support Mechanical Engineering draft / runoff.
- NESTING – part/tool laying out cutting patterns to minimise the amount of raw material waste.
- Create drawings /work packages for shop floor use.
- Liaise with relevant external companies on all engineering changes to support Models/Tool manufacturing,
- Ensure internal team are kept informed of all developments and update engineering folders accordingly.
- Using 3D scanner; create Quality Inspection documents and MESH / Models to show tolerances for production.
- Generate and chase as required technical queries, follow up to ensure completion.
- Monitor the condition of drafting equipment , printers and plotters.
- Perform additional related duties as required
- HND or foundation degree in a related subject such as engineering design , industrial design, manufacturing or materials design . A solid knowledge of CAD is essential.
- Minimum of two years’ design experience within a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Experience using CREO software is preferred, but currently using other 3D detailing also welcome.
- Ability to organise workload and manage detailing workload / issue of drawings working on a project alone or within a team.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
Jan’s Composites LTD is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit.
To apply for for this role or for more information please contact email@example.com or phone us on 028 9433 9370